Need some help for a friend

rooshy

I have a former coworker who is coming up on the one year sadiversary of her daughter's passing.  This girl was her only child and passed away from an inoperable brain tumor.  I remember that first sadiversary for DH's passing and I don't want my friend to feel alone that day.  Should I giver her a card, a gift, something that will comfort her?  Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance.

Guest Kamcho

LH'S friends take me out for the sadiversary, or they have two years running. We laugh and cry and share memories of LH. They let me puck the restaurant and I go with Thai bc LH loved it and so do I.

Taking her somewhere to honor her daughter might be appreciated. Or even just a phone call to let her know you are thinking about her.

I think you're already on target with not wanting her to be alone on that day. My two suggestions would be to bring over a meal for you to share with her, and to purchase a small, token gift to commemorate the day. It doesn't need to be extravagant. I think most grieving people appreciate something tangible they can hold onto.

And I just admire the hell out of you for passing forward your empathy, and for the sensitivity you have retained from your own loss, which you are now bestowing onto this fellow griever.

Baylee