Private messages features

Guest AC

So private messages work differently here. Some things I have noticed.

1.  If you don't click the box at the bottom of the screen before you hit send, I think you will see no trace of having sent a message. If you want a record, check that box.

2.  To view your outbox, click my messages on the home page and select read.  Next, click messages near the top left. A drop box will appear. Click outbox.

3.  If you are trying to have a back and forth conversation, what I have found works best is for both parties to hit quote rather than reply when starting a new response.

These may not be the best ways of doing things. Just what is working for me right now. Would love it if others would share what they know about new PM functions.

Just FYI - all of this can be set to default. Click on profile, choose account settings. On the new page, click the middle button and select Personal Messaging. You will see options to view messages as a conversation, automatically save sent messages, etc. sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Thanks AC, I am not very happy so far on how PM works here, I did learn about checking the save message box at the bottom

Maybe we just have to figure this new system out. I spent an hour to send a message to lcoxwell last night, hit send and lost it all.. The login had expired while typing so watch for that happening.. There is no way of knowing I think..

Jeff1973

There are options and features you can adjust in your personal messages:

PMs.jpg

I've played around with a couple, not entirely sure what I will prefer.  You may have to click around to explore what options you prefer but it looks like you can customize it a bit.

Oh and Jeff, as you log in there's a time box that determines how long it keeps you logged in for.  I think default is 60 min.  I just click the "Keep me logged in" box.  Then log out manually when I want to.

Maybe we just have to figure this new system out. I spent an hour to send a message to lcoxwell last night, hit send and lost it all.. The login had expired while typing so watch for that happening.. There is no way of knowing I think..

Jeff1973

I might not have received your message, but I am very touched that you were thinking of me and willing to take that much time to type one out.  :)

Jeff, I hear ya buddy. Change is hard in me. Tech stuff confuses me. Tech change during a major emotional betrayal and upheaval while my computer is in the shop for another 3 to 5 days has my head ready to explode. I am just going to keep picturing two cute monkies doing the hula until something falls back into place.

Aaron thank you for the tips!!!  Much appreciated.

*AC waves maniacally at her long lost buddy DIAH!  "I'm not certain of anything, but I think once you hit a certain number of posts the PM verification requirement is lifted "AC says.

*AC waves maniacally at her long lost buddy DIAH!  "I'm not certain of anything, but I think once you hit a certain number of posts the PM verification requirement is lifted "AC says.

*DIAH waves back to AC "Thanks for the information. I hope when my post count goes up, the verification stops. I thought maybe it was just a setting" DIAH says.