3 year ywbb/widda.org anniversary

MissingSquish

On 5/29/12 I registered for ywbb, 9 days out from my husband's death.  I think this was the day before I was supposed to go back to work. I had been searching for a resource for a few days after his death, while I was still home and in shock, and came across the board.

I am celebrating this day today. It was the day that I reached out for help and understanding. My life wasn't over. There were others that had been through similar before. As I got to know the members, I felt more comfortable to share about my experiences. It was the only place I could go that I didn't feel judged. A place I could be exactly myself, just like I was with my husband.

I do not want this to turn into a flame fest about why ywbb was shut down.  We have each other, and that's all that matters to me.

I am fortunate to have each and every one of you here as part of my life.  I am raising a virtual toast to the members here, old and new. 

Raising my virtual glass with you, MS.  I found the old ywbb on 4/9/13, just three days after losing my Tim.  I was tossing and turning on my parents' couch, trying to get some sleep (HA!) when I thought my racing mind would be better occupied trying to find grief resources.  I googled "young widow support group" and found the old YWBB.  I read the stories of some other 20something widows.  Even some others that were widowed the same way as me - car accident.  I actually think the dear Alexswife was one of the very first people who responded to the flurry of disjointed PMs I sent out those first few days.     

Knowing that I wasn't alone, that I wasn't the only one dealing with this maddening journey?  That the crazy thoughts racing through my head were "normal" (or at least fairly common) for someone in my position?  It is absolutely unbelievable how much it helped then and how much it continues to help now, more than two years later.  This community is a gem.  I was so lucky to have found it, and to have found all of you. 

132074676.jpg?v=1&g=fs1%7C0%7CVTA%7C74%7C676&s=1*clink*

I found YWBB three days after being widowed. I signed up for an account at seven days and on day eleven it was finally approved. Since then, I have made lifelong connections. This community means the world to me. It saved me on many dark days and gave me hope. I hit 10 months on Monday and I really feel I would not be as functional as I am without all of you. You all have my eternal gratitude. Cheers to you all!