Ot Facebook privacy

Momtojandj

There is a reason I'm asking, trying to set all on Facebook to private . Is there a way that when I post a picture or quote, that I only see comments and likes , no one else? So if you go on my Facebook and see something, it looks like no one commented or liked? Thanks if anyone knows.

Guest nonesuch

You're asking if people can comment on your pics/status, and the only one who sees the likes/comments would be you?

You can limit who sees your pictures or comments.  But I think anyone allowed to view your pictures may view the comments others made.  The exception would be blocking: If I block Joe Shmoe, he can't see any of my comments, i can't see his either, even if we comment on the same picture.    If you're asking if people can make a comment but not see comments, how would they know if they'd said what they meant to? They wouldn't be able to edit their comments about your pictures, or delete a comment they wish they hadn't made.

I have more than one friend who periodically inactivates his or her Facebook accounts.

But (thinking outside the box)  if you have a "group" or something like that...you can adjust the settings so you may post what you want and any comments others made would have to be approved BY YOU before they posted. Politicians who have facebook pages do this to keep their page on topic, prevent obscenities from being posted, etc.

Or maybe what you want is not a product Facebook offers:  maybe what you want to have is a blog?