I am so screwed!

RobFTC

I am a mess.  I just watched "America's Test Kitchen" while a bit hungry, and now want to go cook a Philly Cheese Steak.  Hell, I don't know if I have *eaten* a Philly Cheese Steak!  The excellent tequila sunrise had no effect, I am sure.

I have been immune to cooking shows for-ev-ah.  What is it about this one?  Is it the geeky approach?  Maybe.

I am doomed.  When I order 50lb of omelette fixin's, run for it[1]!

Take care,

Rob T

[1] - by which I mean, of course, that you should run to get an omelette.  A few on the board should still be able to talk about that.

The argument for not having the Philly cheese steak is???

I've never eaten one, either. And I'm like: what tha what?? I love meat. Lawd knows I love cheese. And yet the cheese steak and I have never made contact.

Baylee

Would anybody care to explain to a Scot what a Philly cheese steak is?

Here you go!

http://www.visitphilly.com/restaurants-dining/authentic-philly-cheesesteaks/

One tip, if you are ever anywhere other than the greater Philadelphia area and you see advertised an "authentic Philly cheesesteak", don't be fooled.  It is not even a close substitution.  Also, the roll is as important as the meat.  If it's not a good roll, it's not a good cheesesteak. 

Cheez Whiz?  Gawd.  I am less impressed now, seems like sauteed ribeye deserves better.  Does someone need to teach Philly about real cheese? :-)

Take care,

Rob T

Oh Rob, you really need to try one before you judge.  Trust me, I thought the same thing.  Rick turned me on to everything unhealthy in Philly.  :)