Virtual book club? "David and Goliath" by Malcolm Gladwell

Guest TooSoon

What if we set a date for anyone interested to read the entire book and discuss?  I'ver really only scratched the surface of it and am looking forward to finishing it and enjoying a discussion.

So, to be arbitrary, how about the middle of September sometime?  Will that work for everyone given work schedules and other distractions?  This is an interesting book and should be a worthwhile discussion.

Guest TooSoon

Yes, we need a plan!  Let's shoot for the third week in September.  I was so swamped last week no progress was made, though the book was cited in another book I am reading, "How to Raise an Adult" which is fascinating stuff...

So September 21 or thereabouts?  Anyone want to come up with questions?

Guest TooSoon

For what it is worth, HM, it is not only not grabbing me either but it is annoying me often (but perhaps that will be good for discussion).  Have not made it to Chapter 5 yet, though. 

I do like this book club idea though - maybe someone has an idea for an October read/discussion. I think having this distraction could really buoy me during the long winter. 

Just checking in...how's everyone doing with their reading homework?  ;)  I'm on to the last section and it has grown on me.  Are we still on for some sort of discussion starting in about a week? 

Did someone say they found discussion questions?  Maybe it would be helpful to post those as a conversation starter? 

Uh oh..

I started back to school this week, and have been swamped with reading textbooks, I kind of forgot about the book.

I will try to get more reading in this weekend, I think I'm on chapter three..as soon as I finish my hour long presentation on unipolar depression, which up until a day ago I had no idea wtf it even was,lol...

It's not an entirely gripping book, but the ideas and the way it makes one think is good - so not all bad.  I'm going to plow through a bit more this weekend. Gabzmom, where did you find the discussion questions?  A cursory google search didn't yield up much for me, so glad to hear there's a starting point for our group.