How do I???

still_lost

How is it that I have endured the past six years of hell, but I'm not able to get up each day and just focus on what's in front of me? I guess that takes discipline, huh? I don't want to feel or think about anything. I will always be a mother, and do the best for my child. I'm trying so hard to make a good life for him because I had a horrible childhood and I don't want that for him. I would okay if I could just focus on him and how I am going to support and provide for us, without being distracted by other things. I've given up on everything else honestly. At this point, I'm trying to only think about how to make it through the next 10 years of his life, when he will be an adult. How can I???

still_lost;

I have no answers as unfortunately I feel the exact same way.  I'm counting down only 4 years till mine go off to university and 4 years after that to starting their own lives. 

Focus is so tough for me too, I feel like I'm just going through the motions.

It's just over nine years for me.  At the time of Michael's passing, the kids were 8 and 10.  My long term goal  was to just get them through high school.  My daughter is now in her first year of college, and my son is a junior in high school.  So, I totally understand.  It seemed like  it would take forever to reach the

goal, but  it's almost here so I need to set another goal.

2.5 years and I hear you, totally.  For me at this stage it's more trying to give a "care".  I just can't even, about most things.  Makes getting through work days challenging.  I too am just trying to not screw up my child and to keep things are normal as possible.  It is not working so far, but I have hope.  Sending solidarity.

I can so relate to your post. If I knew a secret way to help, I'd gladly share it. I really think part of the problem with trying to focus is just not having time to clear your head and think. There is always something that needs done when trying to do what two once did.

Sending tight hugs...

I have to wake up everyday and tell myself not to think or feel because I'm already dead inside. Sad, I know but it's the only way that I can focus on whatever I'm doing. If I take my feelings and thoughts out of it, I can function okay throughout the day. All of this is just hopeless. I don't know what will happen once my son is out of the house and off on his own. I won't have any purpose then.