Looking to meet other widdas in the NYC area

Mcdc10

I can't find any young widow groups in the New York City area. Anyone interested in getting together? I'm a new window in need of some time with individuals like me.  Please let me know  if you're interested . Would love to have lunch or dinner on the weekend.

Guest TooSoon

We're about an hour and 15 minutes from the city.  Often have kids in tow but intrepid so if someone organizes something, we are definitely maybes.  I promised my child I would take her to Weehawken one day soon (Hamilcraze and all of that). Mcdc10 and borntorun (of course, NJ!), if you wanted to come down to the Lehigh Valley sometime, I could try organizing something; we have a nice little group here.  Feel free to PM me.

There is a fairly large group of us in the NY, NJ, PA, MD area that get together from time to time.  We will be sure to post here the next time we get together.  We often get together for a Sunday Brunch in NJ, near NY.  I'll put out some feelers and see if we can get something together. 

I can't find any young widow groups in the New York City area.

This blows me away.  When I found other local people in our small city of 140000, we accreted others and even found them on the old ywbb at times, and knew more here than in Denver, with 10X the population.  I had 30 people each at two bagos, and some folks in actual cities can't get arrested.  There's something odd about the dynamics of this.

Take care,

Rob T

We will be sure to post here the next time we get together.  We often get together for a Sunday Brunch in NJ, near NY.  I'll put out some feelers and see if we can get something together.

Thank you, that would be appreciated if you can update me.  I really need to get together with people who understands what I'm going through.

Mcdc10,

During the first several years of my membership in this site's predecessor YWBB, there was a very large and active group of us in the greater NYC area who would get together regularly. At least once per month a dinner or brunch would be scheduled in either Manhattan, northern NJ, southeastern PA, etc. that typically drew between 10 to 20 members. And we would eat, drink, talk, cry, laugh together for hours. I previously described (and posted photos and a video) from several of those events here:

http://widda.org/index.php/topic,112.msg797.html#msg797

Over time, as our wounds healed and our lives moved forward, we got together less often. And not enough new members joined us to keep the group going. But as singinmomo4 mentioned, some of us still do get together occasionally. So please continue to check out this section for announcements.

--- WifeLess