So this is what living feels like...

I've been under some extreme stress with my job recently (good stress, just been a bit overwhelmed).  I've been working a lot of hours, including some at home. I was dead tired from the go-go-go on Friday evening. A couple of friends were getting together Friday night, and I felt obligated to attend. I was getting ready to leave the house, and I put Pru (mine and Squish's dog) in her crate, and she gave me this look that just melted me.  I left the house anyways, but turned around and went home after being in the car for 5 minutes.

For most of the past 3 years, I've been living in a very detached state (most of my childhood was spent like this too). I've been working very hard with my EMDR therapist to bring me back down to earth, which has been a real struggle.

But Pru was the one that brought it all together for me on Friday. I could finally see the look of genuine love, compassion, concern and understanding in her eyes.  Despite the fact that she follows me around pretty much everywhere, she is not a hugely affectionate dog.  She rarely gives kisses and doesn't really enjoy snuggling a whole lot.

That look of love is where the REAL meaning of life is. It surrounds us, it envelops us, it lifts us up when we are at the depths of despair. It is the reason why all of us are still on this planet, though our spouses and SO's are not.  LOVE is inside of all of us, no matter how horrible our own personal circumstances.

Chances are, there is/are being(s) around each and every one of us that truly love us.  No, it's not going to be the same as the love from our late spouses/SO's.  It won't be the same even if we recouple with another.

All of this realization happening brought upon a dream visitation from Squish last night. I can't remember exactly what happened in the dream, but when I woke up, I didn't feel like I needed to go back to sleep again to be with him (and that's what's happened every other time I've dreamt of him).

It is ok. I am ok. I will be ok in the future. We will all be ok.

MS-Very early on for me a young widow was sent to me and she held both my hands, looked me in the eyes and said "You are still loved, he is no longer here but know you are loved, it will come from others now and in different forms but you will always be loved."  I have never forgotten those words and they have given me comfort over the years.  I understand what she meant as I have seen and felt the love given to me and by me since his death.  It sounds like Pru "said" the same thing to you, I am glad you heard it.  We WILL be ok.

One of my favorite affirmations comes from the 13th century mystic, Julian of Norwich. I've found it very comforting over the years, but after Jim died I couldn't bear to think or say it anymore-- it couldn't possibly be true. Now I've begun to think that... maybe it can. This is what your post reminded me of-- thank you. :)

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

In other words, it'll be okay. One way or another.

(((Hugs))))