Smiling at photos

momtokam

I am aproaching 3 years in September.

I have had a very hard time looking at photos of him, him with the kids, or the two of us. Tears and sadness would flow all the time.

Last week I was looking at photos and I saw beyond the images to what was happening those days that they were taken. I was now smiling and not crying.

Along similar lines, a friend asked to borrow his floor nailer. I found it and also found a second one. My husband was very fond of buying multiples of something,  if they were on sale, just in case. I smiled and laughed when I found them.

I guess this must be a step forward in the healing process for me. Not something I was consciously thinking about but it just kind of happened.

There are still hard days, especially with trying to juggle everything with 3 kids and the loneliness but maybe, in some way, it's his way of telling me everything will be alright.

Your post in its entirety made me smile.  Especially, the part where he bought multiples of things.  I have three staple guns and have given a Leatherman to several friends - my DH had more than nine.  I kept one and gave another to my daughter. 

Glad you are remembering the good times.  Blessings to you...