attending first wedding since .....

donswife

OK I am going to my nephew's wedding  (who I adore)

but my god I am not looking forward to it and feel so bitter

My family has been great and all my cousins etc

but just can't seem to get that smile on my face or in my heart

not quite sure where this is all coming from , well maybe I do but not sure how to put on my game face

wish me luck and a new perspective by saturday

I understand. My sister-in-law just got remarried and wanted me to be a bridesmaid...I told her I loved her and I would be there for her but I could not stand up at her wedding (her first wedding Jason was with me). So I cried a lot the night before and then when I got there I just helped in any way I could. When we got to the ceremony I cried a little tear for myself and one for them as they sweetly vowed to love one another forever. After that I just chose to focus on anything but remembering until it was over.

Hang in there you've got this

I hear you. I was the maid of honor for my sister's wedding in Feb. I am so happy for her and her husband but it was a tough week in certain ways. I had to do everything in my power not to cry when the officiant came to the "until death do you part" section of the vows.

I had to go to my brothers on the 6 month anniversary of Chad dying ... which was also the day I was going to the beach and scattering his ashes. They wouldn't budge on the date, even though when I set the date of Chad's ashes scattering they weren't even THINKING about getting married. I had to be the photographer and then drive 2 hours to catch up to everyone else to scatter chad's ashes. I was NOT a happy camper.  Bitterness came in and camped out awhile :(  I'm sorry you have to go through it.  When it's close family I guess its pretty much unavailable.