Swimmer(girl) checking in to say hello:)

swimmer

Hi everyone

I just want to do a quick check in to say hello to everyone.

I haven't had time to do my "profile" on the introductions but don't want to let another long period of time

pass by. 

I'm looking forward to reading posts and getting caught up on everybody. The YWBB was such a life saver to

me in the early days and I'm glad this site is here now.

Snapshot of life these days:  Older son ships off to Navy bootcamp 8/25-he got married and had a baby-granddaughter is adorable-daughter in law is  a nightmare... (mental health issues and immaturity)

Younger son-settled down:)  He just got a job and is starting Jr. College and is doing good and starting to really get a sense of himself and what drives him-really a pleasure to be part of his journey.  No more wild crazy outbursts around here-so happy to say.  I really enjoy his company and watching him become his best self.

I'm still teaching 6th grade Special Education-now at a Jr. High School which I really like and of course....drum roll....still swimming...keeps me grounded and happy.

So all in all life is pretty good-got my sea legs (widow legs) firmly under me 99% of the time.  Almost 10 years late I stilll miss him but have learned to live this new life and those early waves of grief that I was sure would drown me have subsided.

My apologies for being gone so long-everyone helped me tremendously and my plan is to be back in the loop here.

Looking forward to catching up.

:)Swimmer

Hi Swimmer!  I'm glad you made it here and posted!  It's great to hear that your sons are doing really well after some challenges early on.  I'm also thrilled to hear of your sweet new granddaughter, but am sorry about the nightmare of your daughter-in-law. I hope things improve with her.  Overall though, it sounds like 99% is a really positive thing.....I'm really happy for you!  :D

I have also become a grandmother to a precious grandson who shares his middle name with my late husband.  It has taken quite some time, but I've found my life has also become more joyful.  Although I sometimes still long for the past and am not as familiar with my new life, I'm definitely having good days again.

Since the abrupt shutting down of the YWBB, I'm extremely grateful to the founders of this new site.  I don't know how I would have survived without my daily fix back in those dark days and years.  I'm also thankful to Canadian girl for directing me here when all the changes occurred in the spring.  Although I have read from time to time, I have not posted until now.  At times, I don't feel I have much to add and other times life is just super busy.  However, I have extreme respect, admiration, and appreciation for the founders of this site for their hard work in providing a safe place for widows and widowers to share in their grief.

;D Cathy