checking in

mo12

I haven't been coming to the board much the past couple of months, but wanted say hello and post something, since I remember reading a post about it being "quiet" around here!  The munchkin and I came home for the summer (where we lived until a few months after my husband died, and I moved us back to my hometown.)  I thought it would be really tough coming back, and hard to be back in our house without him... but it's actually been mostly good.  Hard times and tears of course but I'd be having those no matter where I am.  My little one was two months old when her dad died and now she is a walking, talking, sassy toddler!  She is exhausting but awesome.  I've been back at work for 10 months and new opportunities are presenting themselves... I can remember thinking it would never, EVER get easier, and I would be in the darkest depths of grief FOREVER, but I guess I was wrong.  It surprises me often.  I'm still pissed at happy 2-parent families but less so.  I still have times of awful grief, but knowing it will pass makes it easier to bear.  I still haven't really felt ready or wanting to date, but that will happen, or it won't.  I still feel close to my love and although I don't feel his presence as much anymore he's very much a part of my life... he's my "dead best friend" (this is funny to me, my sense of humour is definitely a little morbid now.) Anyways just wanted to offer a little encouragement to those earlier in the process who might read here, and also say hello to all of you who are on a similar timeline.  I continue to be inspired and grateful for you. 

OMG that FACE!!!!!  She's adorable.  I have a 15-month-old, so I know the exhausting but awesome thing.  I'm glad that opportunities are presenting themselves.  It sounds like you're doing so well - given, you know....  It must be beautiful to see pieces of him in her.  Thinking of you and cheering you (both) on!