3-day weekend

mmg19

Happy kids.  Happy Momma.  No homework.  No school work.  Plan to grill out, have friends over, and each boy will have a friend over.  I surprise myself with how little it takes to make me smile these days.  Labor day was one of DH's favorite holidays.  Last year the smile was forced, my heart hurt, and I couldn't wait for Tuesday.  We rarely traveled on holiday week-ends and always spent it at home with family and friends and last year I forced every smile.   

Nothing much to say except happy kids are the best healers.  Wishing everyone a good 3-day weekend.

We are headed to the mountains...Just my 3 kids and I!

I found a 50.00 a night motel...going hiking, biking, tubing in the river. We also go to the family cemeteries (I have both sets of grandparents and about 4 generations before them buried there)...We always try to go Memorial or Labor Day weekend (last year we camped...but a 50.00 a night room ends up being cheaper than camping when it's all said and done)

NG has football games Friday and Saturday and coach meetings Sunday so he's not going. I am kinda looking forward to just the kids and I on this trip:

It gives me hope to think that I will love holidays and weekends again. Right now, they are just hours to get through until school and work starts again on Monday morning.

My youngest daughter (8) escaped to her grandparents house for the weekend. I saw her a little bit on Saturday and Sunday (church.) She said she missed me, but not her sisters.  :)  The age difference is hard sometimes. My older daughters (16 and 13) and I just caught up on house chores and small projects. Nothing exciting. We had plans for Saturday, but my 13yo wasn't feeling well so we cancelled our plans. Lazy weekend.