Ouch!

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

The woman who I thought was my best friend has slowly stepped out of my life. She only talks about work when I see her or contact her. She is always too busy. I've repeatedly tried to make plans with her and she is always too busy. I don't know what happened. I've asked her if she was upset with me and she says no, just busy. Today, leaving church, she changed plans we had for tonight and another friend walked up and asked her about their plans for next Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Ouch! I guess she is just too busy for me and I have to accept it and move on. But it makes me very sad. We were best friends for the last 5 or 6 years.

I'm sorry!  I know that hurts, especially when she gives no reason for her retreating from your friendship.  Maybe she IS busy or maybe she thinks you have both grown apart and has found another friendship.  If she won't be forthcoming, I'd just back away and nurture other new and old relationships.  You've done all you can....the ball is now in her court.  Still, though, I'm sorry you're hurting.

Guest TooSoon

Yeah, it somehow always stings, doesn't it?  The king and queen bee are having people over today, lots of them mutual friends, one of them the couple I spent all day yesterday with, but yet, in spite of my apologies for early transgressions back in the dark days, I'm going to remain persona non grata. No forgive and move on in this case, alas.  I don't like it but long ago it seemed futile to give it any more power over me than the eye roll it deserves at this point. 

Sorry this happened today.  It's always a bummer. 

Guest Mel4072

im gonna back away. It's painful but so much in life is and I've survived so far. I've made other friendships and even found times that are happy in my life.

Guest mawidow

What Jess said. And yes, vulnerable feelings can be totally amped up during such ouch -y experiences! We get it. Sending support all around.

I think it is normal, for people to come and go in our lives, because life is so busy and overwhelming and people are often going in so many different directions all at once. This seems to be far more painful, and far more common, after we have been widowed, for so many different reasons. I am sorry that you are having to face this with your friend, and I am sorry you are hurting. (((Hugs)))