Off topic question

Trying

Does she want to be paid on hourly basis? If so paying 15 an hour during day is reasonable and the 8-10 dollars for night hours. That will add up quickly (ie cost over $550) but would only pay that for older, more experienced nanny. Other than that I would calculate the cost for 2 days on the basis of what an annual salary for a nanny might be (ie working off a figure of about $50,000) and then throw in a little extra. That would get you to around $300 which is perfectly reasonable.

This is definitely not off topic!

I have to travel for work and didn't for the first few months because I couldn't figure out the childcare thing.

Last week I had a job that I had contracted for before my husbands death and I couldn't cancel without serious professional penalty. And....we have to figure this out or I will need a new career. So, I asked the babysitter if she would come with us and if she would accept a daily rate. She said yes! We got hotel rooms next to each other and she did 8hrs each day and I did the rest. It was stressful because I had no break but it was less stressful than worrying about her looking after Bean 24/7.  And my 5yr old was happy to be with me. The babysitter was happy for the adventure. If I had paid her by the hour is would have been crippling but we came to an agreement on a daily rate and that she would work no more than 8hrs a day and I would cover all expenses.

Not a solution for everyone because there was extra airfare and hotel costs, but I think we will do it again.

I did it a few times in years past (last time was in 2012 Lol)

I had two teenage girls who live next door. I paid each one 100...So it was 200 for the weekend for 3. Plus they could go back and forth from there house to mine.

I know that's cheap for 3...But they thought they hit the jackpot (they were 16 and 18)...

If you have any teenage neighbors close by that's what I would suggest......Plus there parents were only 200 ft away and made sure they were doing what they were supposed to. lol

This is a 22 year old, fresh out of college, recently engaged, living with her parents, has a low paying job.  I'm very close friends with her parents and her fiance's parents and my kids are close to both of them.  I figured my 17 year old would be happier with them at the house than grandma and that the couple could use a little extra money.  17 year old doesn't need anything from them, 11 year old needs rides to sports and meals so a pretty easy gig.  $300 sounds reasonable since they will be burning some gas too.  Totally worth it for me to get a weekend away and no guilt from a cranky 17 year old stuck with grandma!