Do you know what it means to miss NEW ORLEANS?

THATgurl

The Big Easy Bago?

Bago on the Bayou?

Walking to New Orleans?

I have reason to hit New Orleans in 2016 and was wondering if there would be any interest in making a bago of it.  If people are interested, I am quite flexible on the timing of things.  New Orleans is fantastic absolutely any time of the year.  They also have some huge great events, though those can draw huge crowds and also drive up prices. 

Give me a shout if you have any interest in heading on down to The Big Easy for a little Widda bonding.  Below I have listed some of the big draws in 2016, but again an off time might be better in some ways too.

Jan 23 - Feb 9 (Fat Tuesday) - Mardi Gras

March 4 - 6 - Spring Fiesta (think open houses and garden tours

March 11 - 20 - St. Patrick's Day (Yes they do!  They party for TEN WHOLE DAYS in honor of St. Pat down in The Big Easy)

April 7 - 10 - French Quarter Festival (Music and food)

April 22 - May 1 - JAZZ FEST!!!!!!

June ??? - New Orleans Oyster Festival (this one likely only sounds good to me and maybe one other person LOL)

June 8 - 12 - New Orleans Food and Wine Experience

June 25 - 26 - Cajun Zydeco Festival

August 4 - 7 - Satchmo Summer (Louis Armstrong Festival)

Oct 31 - HALLOWEEN IN NEW ORLEANS  :o

Oct 30 - Nov 1 - Voodoo Music and Art Experience

I used to live there and return occasionally.  Jazz Fest is a fun, fun time but you better book now and plan to spend A LOT of money.  Weekends when nothing notable is happening are sometimes the very best times to enjoy the city, in my experience!

SQUEE!  I am getting excited seeing people interested :D  So I guess if some people are interested the next question would be WHEN?  Please voice your opinions if you are thinking about this and would have your heart set on a specific event.  If people are flexible, I tend to agree with TooSoon - Jazz Fest is a blast, but is crowded and pricey.  My preference might be to select a weekend where not much is going on and just enjoy each other and the city.  Weather-wise, I am eyeing the block of time between Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest (So any time between the weekend of February 13 and the weekend of April 15).  But really, I'm easy ;)

Everyone who is seriously considering the adventure, please mull it over and throw your favored timeframe(s) into the ring.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...