Pictures of your deceased loved one

serpico

When I decided to start dating, I made an active attempt to limit DH's pictures around the house. It was on my terms and not someone else. Personally, I felt that was the respectful thing to do. I took all personal pictures of him out of my bedroom and left one on the mantle. I left collage photos in each of my kids' bedrooms that were filled with DH. That is their space and needs to be respected as such.

Having been on the other end (DH lost a fiance' to a house fire before him and I met) I was completely respectful of his pictures with her and never felt insecure. BUT he did not leave out personal pictures of them so it never became an issue. They were very casual and I was always curious about her and not afraid to ask.

Now that I'm remarried (to DH's brother), I've actually put up a few more pictures of DH and the kids and I. But I've also made an active attempt to put recent pictures of current hubby and I with the kids.

It gets so complicated doesn't it? My motto is to always try and keep it simple. Try not to over process and go with your gut. Look around your house. Do you think it's too much? Do you think GF is being overly sensitive? An ex-husband is not the same as a deceased loved one.

I have a few pictures around...I will admit I got pissed at NG when he suggested they were holding me back. I have none in my bedroom, and all but 2 are mixed in with my wall of family going up the steps. Most of the pictures on the wall are of other family members, NOT us.

I don't know maybe I'm being an ass.