PMS and grief

biscuit

Anyone else experience that their grief is worse right before your period?

Okay...worse might not be the right word, its all bad.

But for me, it seems like right before that time of my month the cranky, unexplicable depressive, and "f the world" aspects of my grief come out the strongest.

Thoughts?

Good lord, yes.

It took me about a year to figure out that's what was going on (I had just gotten off the pill a month or two before he died - we were planning on trying to start a family) but holy hell do things ramp up and do I get weepy.

Guest TooSoon

Solidarity.  I have managed to dish out some pretty impressive premenstrual emotional mind f*cks in the last three years, usually to the people I love the most (poor adp).  Good thing they love me back....

OMG yes!!! Emotional before, and physically and emotional during! Yay me!!  :o Ha ha. I have lost track of my cycle since my hysterectomy this January. (This is truly a woo hoo!!!!  ::) :) ) however, reading this, I have been pms-ing the past few days. I've been a total bitch, a few not so shining moments that have included a few private weepy poor me. ..It's just over 4 years for me. However, in the beginning, it was more down in a hole grief. Dropping my keys at me feet, easily picked up mind you, would have me in tears.

Yes a year off should be mandatory!!! (Hugs)

Yes.  I call it being chemically possessed.  Everything is dark(er) for a few days, and each month I forget to remember that it's not me, it's the chemicals.  Then they subside and I'm like, "Oh, I'm not psychotic after all."

I get a double dose of insanity, courtesy of my hormones: at the midpoint, I get needy, weepy, lonely, and pathetic (not to mention horrifically-- well, that's a subject for the real sex thread), convinced that I will be unloved and unwanted and celibate (!!!) for the rest of my long, miserable life. Then, when AF shows up, I get walloped with grief and anger, I want to scream and rant and throw things. Fortunately, that seems to pass more quickly-- and I've been lucky; since I had my babies, the physical side has been more or less a non-issue. Chemical possession-- yes, that covers it nicely. ;)