Beyond active grieving most certainly, but....

Guest TooSoon

Guest TooSoon

lonely, lonely, lonely.  So lonely.  I've always been really good at finding ways to entertain myself but these years of nights alone just effing suck.  There is no two ways about it. 

Mini-vent.  Thank you.

Guest running with scissors

I am lonely too  Five years out for me and I am lonely, unhappy and haven't laughed in such along time.  Tonight has been especially bad and it's only 9 o'clock. :(

Guest Lost35

Lonely here, too.

Our house was always so full of life and laughter.  These days, after 20:00, it's just me, Netflix and the crickets.

I completely understand.

-L.

I am lonely too.  I hate the nights after the kids go to bed.  There just seems nothing I do that really fills the void, and trying to find something to fill all the time feels like another chore.  And in the end, no matter what I do at night, the emptiness just seems to fill every inch of my house and me, suffocating me.

I am sorry you are feeling so lonely.  I completely understand.

Guest TooSoon

Thanks for the solidarity.  Of course, there is a benefit - I bored myself to sleep early and thus was up early and back at the grindstone working.  I suspect there will be a repeat tonight....

I'm not going to pretend I'm BAG, so I probably don't belong here, but lonely I understand. Too, too well. I am so lonely... it's not even that there's a lack of people in my life. I have plenty of support, plenty of hugs (virtual ones, anyway), and more love that I deserve. But still... I'm so, so lonely. At night, especially-- guess that's no surprise, alone in my room with Jim's ashes... no matter how well I've done all day, things seem to unravel when I climb into bed. I know it just... is what it is... but what it is still sucks. :(

I am so lonely too. This widda life just plain sucks. DH and I used to just enjoy being here with each other. In mid 50's people are so settled in their lives. I know I have to get out there but it's hard being so rural.  This will have to change too.  I'm not living but only existing. 

Yeh, I'd say I'm beyond active grieving, but I too feel lonely.  I got myself a housemate so it's not silent at home anymore and at least I'm not alone, but I am lonely. 

I also go on a silly amount of Tinder dates but I know that's just trying to plug a hole that will never be filled again...