Sad my daughter will never meet her father:(

meganj

Hi all,

I lost my husband in a motorcycle accident nearly 3 months ago when I was 30 weeks pregnant with our first. In had her almost 2 weeks ago now and she's just amazing. Such a bittersweet time tho. His 34th birthday would have been tomorrow so that is making me even more emotional. I am so mad and frustrated at the universe that she has been cheated out of her father. He was so excited and would have been an amazing dad. Life is so not fair sometimes!! I just want to scream and yell at god and the universe.

meganj, Sorry that you have had to join this club that no one wants to belong to. But glad that you found your way here. This a good and supportive group and there is always someone who understands what you are going through. There are some members on here who gave birth after loss and many others that had kids that were too young to know their other parent. Lean on them for guidance and support. The rest of us will help where we can too.

Sending you tight (((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry. Losing a parent as a child is rough at any age. It really hurts thinking about all of the milestones they won't get to share together. My youngest was 6 when her dad died.  She started writing memories down in a journal because she's afraid she won't remember him. Heartbreaking

• 1 month later...

Meganj,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  And I'm so sorry it took me so long to see this post and reply.  I was 32 weeks pregnant with my daughter when my husband was killed in an accident at work almost 10 months ago. I know just how you are feeling right now.  It sucks and that about sums it up. 

I don?t get to this board as much as I?d like to these days.  Life is pretty busy and chaotic with my now 8 month old daughter and her 3 year old brother, but if you ever want to talk, please message me.

I hope you have at least been able to get some rest since the baby was born.  The first months can be hard for any mother, never mind a newly widowed one.

Take care of yourself.