Confession of a mom

Trying

A boy on my son's highschool football team committed suicide. We've know this boy for maybe 10 years through sports, they were not friends. From a very young age this boy had many issues, some medical, some psychological that caused him to have anger control problems and made him difficult to be around, especially on a team. DH and I had an ugly run in with the family when they were 9 because the parents thought that their sons disabilities were more important than the physical and emotional safety of the other boys, the other team and the umpires(he would use very foul language and throw bats at people among other things).

My confession is that I am so relieved he didn't decide to take out others on his way out of this world. I live in the town next to Sandy Hook, CT and know all too well what can happen. I am very sorry for the pain his family is faced with but so incredibly relieved that a more wide spread trajedy didn't happen. 

It goes without saying that my heart breaks for his family, they have watched him suffer his whole life and I'm sure they have suffered along with him.  Theirs is a pain I haven't experienced but I have great empathy for them.

My confession is that I am so relieved he didn't decide to take out others on his way out of this world. I live in the town next to Sandy Hook, CT and know all too well what can happen. I am very sorry for the pain his family is faced with but so incredibly relieved that a more wide spread trajedy didn't happen. 

Yep, I hear you. A few months after my wife took her own life I was talking to one of the policemen that responded to our house at that time. He told me "We were all a little surprised in the way your wife went out. We thought that she would try to take one of us with her."

I know this sounds awful but he meant it nicely. My late wife had a long history of anti-social behavior when in one of her depressive spells.

Poor kid and poor family.  :(

Mike