First birthday without my husband

lisaj

It will be my first birthday tomorrow without my husband,turn 37.He was also great remembering my birthday and lost him to cancer in March.I was there when he passed away and his last words to me were I love you.We were married for 10 years and treated me right.I still have the birthday gift he gave me,knew I am into Mopars and got me a 2015 Dodge Challenger.Knew I liked them and never told I wanted one right away.I was speechless at first after he said it was mine.I will do good and one song by Martina Mcbride come in mind that reminded of him, 

Within 2.5 months of my husband passing, I had his birthday, my birthday, and our anniversary to contend with. Awful, awful stuff. But, I made it through and now unbelievably to me at least I have made it through all three twice. You can do this. Just live the day how you need to.

It is so beautiful that his last words were "I love you". My husband died suddenly of a seizure and the last coherent words he said were "I love you. Goodnight." It brings me a lot of comfort and I hope your husband's last words also bring you that same kind of comfort.  Hang in there.

Guest TalksToAngels

Same three last words. Although She could barely speak it was very clear.

I have met so many others that didn't get the chance to either have closure or get to hear these words but I'm sure just by the people here most everyone knows how much they (we) were loved.

lisaj,

Bless you lil lady :) , like stated above each of your first may be difficult, if at all possible maybe try to assure you'll have something to do to absorb time that's enjoyable.

All my first where spent alone and I believe each where made more difficult,because I could do nothing & depression dominated those days.

Now thanksgiving was my Wifes birthday this year & I was alone,however I had prepared a few painting I was working on to help allow myself a distraction.

This helped some, and as you well know ANYTHING that can help on these days is a blessing.