NJ Sunday Brunch 1/31

WifeLess

Since it has been much too long since our last NJ brunch widowbago, Bluebird and I have decided to organize one for Sunday January 31 at 11:00 am. The location will be Snuffy's in Scotch Plains NJ, which was the site of countless brunch widowbagos back in the days of the old YWBB.

Earlier today Bluebird posted this as a Facebook event, and several Widda members who are also Facebook friends have already indicated they are planning to attend. If any other widow or widower wishes to, please post below so that the appropriate reservation can be made.

For those who have not joined us in the past, Snuffy's is located at 250 Park Ave, Scotch Plains NJ. Their all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch buffet is huge, enough for two large meals plus dessert. The full price, including tax and service charge, is about $25-$30 for adults, and half that for children. More info may be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/snuffysrestaurant/

Who else would like to join us?

Based on the Facebook responses so far, the first list of definite attendees is:

Bluebird

WifeLess

MeAndTheKids

Singinmomo4

Bobssleepykitty

And several others are maybes. But it's still early. I'm sure this list will grow longer. Who else would like to add their name to it?

SoVerySad: Sorry you will not be joining us this time, but I understand your concern. Last weekend's storm brought more than 20 inches of snow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this Sunday.

Based on the most recent responses both here and on Facebook, the list of attendees is now:

Bluebird

WifeLess

MeAndTheKids

Singinmomo4

NickM

Lmsmdm

Mike797

Any others before we make the reservation?

Hey guys,

As you know, I'm not a FB user to any great extent and I haven't been coming here all that much either. I'd love to see everyone again so I will try my best to make it tomorrow. My daughter has a soccer game in the morning but it should be over in time for me to get there.

Mike

TooSoon: Sorry you can't make it. Perhaps next time.

For those planning to attend: Please remember to bring exact cash since there will be one check for all of us. If memory serves me, the full adult price is $25, which includes tax and service charge.

It appears that the list of attendees is now:

Bluebird

WifeLess

MeAndTheKids

Singinmomo4

NickM

Lmsmdm

Mike797

MikeR

Although the reservation has already been made, it's still ok to add your name to this list. They are very accommodating at Snuffys, and there's always room for more.

So, anyone else?

Thank you to all who attended yesterday. It was great to see everyone.

These NJ Sunday brunch widowbagos began in 2010, and although not as frequent as they once were, the tradition has continued. So look for our next one, perhaps a few months from now.