What do we call them?

Forgottenwife

I call my NG  " cutie" but that is a private term.....It would sound a bit funny if I introduced him that way. I introduce him as my friend.....reference him as the "guy I'm seeing" and on very few instances I have said boyfriend.

The point I have to deal with is DH and NG have the same name. I called DH Mike ...so call NG Michael.    DH was sweetie.....NG is cutie.

Is any one else careful about terms of endearent?

Partner in crime is great!

Despite my and her youth (29 and 23 respectively), I find it odd referring to her as 'girlfriend', even though that is what she is. She's usually just introduced by name or 'this is my woman' in a friendly, funny way. I guess I should really ask her what she feels comfortable with.

Guest nonesuch

I referred to him initially as Dude du Jour.  When it lasted more than three dates, I upgraded him to Flavor of the Month.

He got the joke, by the way.  He understood.  He didn't introduce me to his friends as his girlfriend because 1) it isn't anybody's business and 2) he said it felt a little ridiculous at 60 saying he had a girlfriend.

The folks at work got a kick out of it. One said to me, "My mother's making place cards for the reception.  What's Flavor's last name?"  I had to think for a moment, since I'm really not good at names and she actually said "Flavor" and all I could think was 'of the Month.' 

The very first time he entered the store where I work, my boss looked at him and said, "You must be Flavor."

When I have to provide an emergency contact, next to relationship to patient I actually write 'consort.'