Update...

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

We are texting and I'm doing good. I still love him like crazy!!! But I'm happy to be friends and give him the space he needs. I'm very happy to be friends with him. I love having him in my life! All parts of it. I don't know how that's going to work when one of us starts dating but I am not at that bridge so I don't have to cross it yet.

So, out of the blue, a couple nights ago, he texted that his grandma was in the hospital. I thought he meant to send it to someone else so I just politely replied "I'm sorry. I'll pray for her." He continued to text from that point on, giving me updates on her. The next morning, he texted and asked how my nephew is. Yesterday, he texted "just so you know, I remembered that it was this date one year ago that we met. 😘 " I told him I would say celebrate but we broke up. He replied "I'm still glad I met you." So, it's not drunk texts, not booty texts, not desperate lonely texts, just genuine, sweet, kind, caring texts. And THIS is why I am happy to be friends and also why I fell in love with him. And I am SO glad that I met him!

Maybe I freaked out some. Maybe I feel a little foolish, like a teenage girl. I never expected to fall in love again and now that I have, I never want to let go

Mel, I'm glad he's being nice to you, obviously there is a lot of good in him because you fell in love with him. I would be cautious about too much contact so soon after a breakup. I think it can make things confusing and leave you with hope, even if subconsciously, that could delay you from processing the end of the relationship.  Just my 2 cents for whatever that's worth. Take care of your heart.

OMG Mel,

I can't stand it anymore. Do you know how to spell NARCISSIST because that is exactly what you are dealing with. I have watched this guy play you right from the beginning. He knew exactly what to say and do to make you fall in love with him. Your in love with being in love and he took advantage of you. He played on your soft heart and your need to find someone to be in love with. Everything was fed to you piecemeal so you wouldn't run and to make you feel sorry for him.

I don't think for a minute that you have had anything to do with that freshly divorced guy if he told you up front that he was a swinger and having "sex parties" at his house.  He was having sex parties to try and save his marriage? Oh please, it was probably his idea all along just like how his kids were made aware. All those women chasing after him that were nothing but trouble. Yeah right.

Wake Up Mel, every single thing he has done has NARCISSIST written all over it. From the first date, first brake up, entwining into your family, engagement, sudden break up, now he keeps his hooks in you even more. I knew he would be back and you haven't heard the last of him.  Now he is in total control of you and you prove it by wanting him back no matter what. Just what are you willing to do to be in his arms again? I will bet that he has been cheating on you all along, are you OK with that?

He convinced you that there is no sense in trying to hide what is going on from your DD. He played his cards right and made it into your home, your family, and finally your bedroom. Seems like there was no more challenges for the narcissist to conquer so it's off to the next victim.

I'm sorry Mel, I'm not going to coddle you. Everybody tried to warn you but you wouldn't listen, remember the thread, remember that the Space Station can see the red flags? You didn't listen then and probably still won't, but everyone was/is right.

Run Mel, You deserve better, Get a book on Narcissist and open your eyes to what is happening to you. There is nothing but heartbreak in your future with this guy. Get away while you can.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I hate seeing your heart broken,  ieff1973

Guest Mel4072

I believe in good in people. I believe that people who are hurt, lash out at others and hurt them. I also believe that people can be forgiven for their pasts. (Not pointing fingers but anyone who posts here has needed forgiveness for something in their past. Myself included.)

I am careful. And will be careful. Not just with my heart but with others' as well. Jeff1973, if you think I'm so stupid, then you don't have to read my posts. Stick to the ones you honor and respect. In my Christian teachings, I understand that we should be careful with words, encourage and lift others up, not tear them down. I'm going to ask that you remove that reply because it is mud slinging, inflammatory and downright disrespectful and hateful towards me!

I've never taken advice that was fueled by hatred or vehemence because it leads down a path to destruction of others and self.

I just ask that ya'll have a little bit of faith in me.... there is nothing to worry about here. I got this!  I forgive because it sets me free.