Givers & Takers

Mac

My girlfriend brought up a good point the other day, she said how wonderful it is that we are both "givers." I've always been a giver, probably too much of one occasionally. DW was a giver too, all through her life she went to extraordinary lengths to help others. GF has always been a giver, it's how she's wired. It certainly does make for a more balanced relationship.

Mac, it's good you share that trait as it could be a sticky point for some. I would be looking for that giving spirit in any future lady, to loosely quote St. Francis "It's in giving of ourselves that we receive".

That's a beautiful quote. The Prayer of St. Francis was one of DW's favorite songs. I included it in the brochure that I made for her funeral and that was one of the songs that we sang at her funeral.

I was in a relationship for nine months with a very nice woman. There were many good things about her and the time that we spent together. But ultimately I realized that we weren't compatible long-term. She definitely wasn't as much of a giver.