Today i give notice at one of my jobs

Guest nonesuch

Guest nonesuch

A month or two after my husband's death, I answered the phone and a nice woman offered me a job with her husband.  I was only working two or three days a week someplace else, and this new boss knew the other one, and I worked five days a week and everyone was happy. 

A couple weeks ago, Boss #1 offered me a full time job, and he pays me more, so of course I'm going to take it. Boss #2 was on a vacation cruise and the business was closed. Today I have to give my notice. This man was a godsend. In many ways, he is an ideal boss.  He's fair and patient and flexible. One day I was about to dissolve into tears over the loss of my husband, and he magically appeared at my elbow with a carafe and two tiny porcelain cups and said he remembered I'd never had Turkish coffee, would I like to try some?  He gave me tins of home made baklava at Christmas. He taught me a lot about my trade.  He showed me a lot about compassion for others - not just because he was compassionate with me, he's like that with everyone.

He did hire a bone-headed man who is  difficult to deal with, so I've been looking to replace this job. Now that the day has arrived, I'm sad.

I started a new job on Jan 4. It was very difficult to give my notice. The company I had worked for for the past 4 years did not know a thing about me when my husband died, but they were very good to me. The only awful thing was that after 4 years, I knew that I would never come to love my job there. I was also a bit said saying good bye.

It lasted until the first day of my new job! I have been here 5 weeks now and I know I made the right choice,

Good luck with your day...

Change is hard under even the best of circumstances, and generally even harder for those who've suffered great losses, such as we widowed folks. That being said, change can also be for the best as our lives change and evolve. It sounds like the change in personnel was tarnishing your work life there. I think it's great that you had another option open to you. Best wishes on your job and congrats especially on the pay raise :)!

Guest nonesuch

My boss was okay about it, he even said "good luck."

A tiny piece of me wondered if he'd try to get me to stay. But he didn't.  He's run whole factories before, he knows how these things go.