No Idea Where to Post...

Guest Lost35

And nothing specific.  Just a very hard week for my little guy at school.  Then trying to find things to do and a birthday party full of families and siblings.  My little "lonely Only child" with his specific difficulties and me with my guilt, trying not to blame it all on an accident that happened seven-and-a-half years ago.  My only refuge is a partial family that can't (thankfully) understand and life is just a bit overwhelming at the moment.  What am I doing here, in this place, anyway?!?

I look for refuge and have had a few conversations with strangers that have meant a lot.  Cryptic, I know, but to be honest I'm tired of the details and figure everyone here understands in some way...

Just working through it all, as you do,  When the sun comes, it will get better.

-L.

Guest Damiansinc

Definitely understood and we're definitely here for you. I also grow weary of having to catch people up on all the details so that I can talk it out. I'm also now a solo parent to an only child. Its super lonely all around.

Much love!

I hear you and understand - Also solo parent to solo 5 year old boy. Its so hard to find our way, and its so unfair on our little ones. I'm sorry your little guy is having a hard time at school - its overwhelming to deal with alone. I've been there a few times this past year.

A 4-year old pic surfaced on FB of my late husband and our son - they were standing on the beach near our house (we just bought it and were so excited for our new life) - and I think - how did we get to this place ? How could this have happened to us? I can imagine that you feel the same way : (

I'm starting therapy with my son this week as I am struggling right now and know I need some help to deal with my son's difficulties and his grief. I hope this will help.

Sending widow support.....

Thank you both for replying.  I don't like to come here and complain, but sometimes it gets to be too much and I don't like to burden anyone around me anymore, so here it is, a letting off of steam!  :)

I don't like to "if only", but I have to say, it would be such a relief to be able to talk some of this out with Dad.  Of course, if that was possible, it wouldn't be necessary, now would it?

Thanks for listening and take care, both of you.

-L.

Guest Damiansinc

I don't like to come here and complain, but sometimes it gets to be too much and I don't like to burden anyone around me anymore, so here it is, a letting off of steam!  :)

This is the place to let off steam for sure. So I wouldn't ever worry about that. Shoot, just keep getting it off your chest. Whatever helps.

I also get the burdening of friends, etc. It feel like so much sometimes and people have their own life and problems.

Guest TooSoon

Just wanted to send some support.  Oddly, not cryptic to me in any way.  No point in hashing over the details anymore, I get that.  Yet, the overwhelming silence is deafening sometimes.  I described it to my boss as the life I lead that no one sees, the life I live but don't talk about.  I don't like to complain either but there are days when it is simply too much to carry alone.  That's what this place is for.

Sending you hugs, Lost. I understand how sometimes we just need to declare how weary we are where someone gets it. I don't see a bit of your post as complaining. Perhaps since T died, my definition of the word complaining has changed. I now view it as something people (including myself) complain about that seems so insignificant in comparison to the harsh realities of the life I lead now. For example, I might complain about having to call several times between my MD and pharmacy to get a prescription filled under my new insurance. Something that should have been simple made ridiculously complicated, frustrating yet complaining about a small thing without any lasting repercussions.

I hope you'll view posting here about the difficulties of widowhood as sharing, not complaining. For many of us, this or conversations with our fellow wids is the only opportunity we have to be real about our lives - to turn off the pretenses that take so much effort to maintain. There is an immensely comforting reaction that comes from simply being able to openly say this sucks and have others let you know they get it.

We do, and we care about you, so please share whenever you need to.

More hugs...