Surreal life

Trying

Tonight NG and I are going out to dinner with DH's sister, her husband, his favorite cousin and his wife.  My SIL has met him before but only in short situations and she is very supportive.  It's really nice of them to want to do this but I'm feeling really anxious about it.  I'm not great at being the center of attention and I feel a lot of pressure to be the one who makes the night go smoothly for everyone.  NG is so awesome about the whole thing, now I just need to try and relax!

That is very cool. As hard as it is to do try and relax, if anything the scrutiny is probably on NG and if he's cool with it then it should go well.

And my experience with my NG meeting any of Dh's sibling, they have all been very supportive. One was a little emotinal but very supportive.

Good luck

All of my experiences with Jess meeting DW's family have been extremely positive. The very first time was at just 7 months out when she came here for a week's visit and Marsha's (DW) sister stopped by our house unexpectedly. I introduced them and all was good, even if her sister felt like she had intruded a bit. At just over a year out, Jess met DW's parents over Skype and spoke to them for the first time. It seemed to be fairly comfortable for everyone, and about 1.5 months later Jess visited here again. We arranged dinner with DW's parents at a local restaurant, and Jess was met in the parking lot with hugs :-) Since then, she has had Thanksgiving dinner with all of Marsha's family and Jess was accepted by all, with much easy talk and hanging out.

Just chill and relax. You will probably not be the center of attention - even though it is very easy for us to overthink and get a bit paranoid when introducing our new loves. Be comfortable, and remember that if you don't make it weird - it won't be :-)