Back to the old job!

HvnBound

Hey all, I am currently suffering from a (hopefully) temporary stint of insomnia and hope to get sleepy soon. I got my old job at the Busch Stadium working at the retail store. I worked today and will work tomorrow. I keep wishing for a job in my old field, being a senior workers compensation adjuster with the amazing pay but at this point in my life, I will, I will - promise - will be totally happy with my current job paying just a hair over the minimum wage.

I have struggled and yet, I have survived. How in the h*ll is this possible? DH told me multiple times that I 'could not live without him', really? I am the one who had the great paying job because I worked my way up. Here it is, almost 3 years later and guess what? I am surviving on just a few part time jobs. I would love to find out what it would be like to deal with my old pay!

So, if any of you happen to be visiting St Louis and are going to the ballpark this year, please look me up. I will hopefully be working in the store. Go CARDS!!!

I am still hoping for a better paying job, gosh, I would so love to earn $26/hr again instead of the $7.77 I am currently earning but I am surviving.

I know the feeling.  My prior career was medical transcription and I could average upwards of $30/hr.  In three years time thanks to Obama my husband and I lost three jobs which is why he ended up in Saudi. But even then he was sending me $3000 a month after he deducted what he needed to live there.  SO needless to say , this is a shock to the system. $10/hr makes me feel pitiful.  Is working at the ballpark at least a little entertaining?

Guest Kamcho

So much of your post resonates with me, HB. I hear you. I am wishing you the best, and hoping our economy starts to boom again.