Feeling somewhat reflective this morning.

Mac

Cindy and I took a three month honeymoon traveling around the world heading west. What a wonderful way to start our married life! During this trip we stopped and visited her relatives in Italy. Her Nona had come from a town just north of Genoa. It was so much fun to reconnect with the relatives.

When we got home from our honeymoon, Cindy went to work for United Airlines. We had so much fun traveling far and wide courtesy of her flight passes. During this time Cindy took her mom to meet the relatives in Italy. Her mother got to meet her aunt and her cousins for the very first time.

Some years later, Cindy and her sister made the same trip and stayed with the relatives. A couple of years ago, Cindy?s sister took some of her children to meet the relatives.

This summer, my sister-in-law is going to take my daughter to Italy to meet the relatives. I just saw the reservation this morning. They will be gone for nearly a month. Seeing that brought on a flood of memories and emotions. I?m so glad that my daughter gets to do that trip. I?m so grateful that I have such kind, loving and generous in-laws. Cindy would be so happy. And I can only imagine how emotional it will be for all parties concerned when my daughter first meets the relatives.

La vita ? bella

Wow how incredibly special that is! They say we repeat family patterns ... and usually it is something negative... but this is just so amazing. I bet that when your daughter grows up she will take her kids to Italy too. It's almost like it's yours and Cindy's legacy.