Schocked at the behavior of a fellow widdow

Carey

The HR/payroll person at my office lost her husband about 2 years ago.  She's in her early 60s.  She has since found a new man on OurTime.Com. She met him in September and is already wearing a huge engagement ring planning a December wedding. She's thrown away all but one picture of her LH.  She's having a yard sale this weekend and selling everything in her house. And she keeps screwing up payroll.  If you read my thread yesterday about my wage garnishment, SHE is the reason it wasn't fixed in time, and since they've already sent the money I found out today that all the work I did yesterday getting the Dept of Education to fax the letter releasing it, was for nothing.  "At least it'll be fixed next pay period", and "be glad it wasn't that much, only $175".  It's 30% of my check. And after another company takes their piece of the pie I will have $160 left of my WHOLE check and she blew it off like it was nothing.  I can't fathom 20 years of her life with her LH meaning so little to her that she's SO totally absorbed in her own fantasy happily ever after she has going on to not be responsible in her job with other people's livelihoods at stake. I mean how dare she.  And I have NO recourse.  At all.  :-[  If anyone understood I really would have hoped it would be her. 

Yes you're right. I sounded very harsh and should not have. She is just in here in my office now talking to my office mate and she just said she's not even keeping her scrapbooks. And then said "and the one of X and I, all of our cruises, what am I supposed to do that?",  She's selling the jewelry he gave her at a yard sale.  She's selling HIS wedding band and another ring that was his to buy new guy a ring.  I completely support finding new love, that does NOT make you a whore no matter how early on it is.  What she is doing is fast for any relationship, widowed or not.  But also none of my business. I guess I'm just tired of hearing about it.  Hurts my heart but that's not her fault I guess. She's entitled to her life. But really, if you're THAT ready to move right along and your heart is not here in this workplace then LEAVE and quit messing with other people's money I guess is the point .... vent...I wanted to make.

Guest Kamcho

Don't worry about it, she'll be the one who deals with the choices she makes.

I may not be willing to judge her grief, but I don't see myself having tea and crumpets with her either. ; )

Venting is good. Get it out. Carrying it around just ups your blood pressure.

Being flippant about your wage garnishment is insensitive, widow or not.  I don't have to be in your shoes to understand that it is a lot of money to lose from your check and have compassion for you. I'm sorry that you have her to face at work on top of it all.  Some people suck and when you're having a really crappy day they need to go suck somewhere else!