Finally Dreamt About Him...

Guest Lost35

Guest Lost35

FINALLY!!

There was that few months early on when I kept having these horrible repetitive dreams in which we were somewhere and I saw him and he never spoke and wouldn't look at me.  I never saw his face.  In these dreams (at the time it was continuous when I got any sleep), he had left me and wouldn't talk to me or acknowledge my existence.  It was excruciating.  I think then, my brain was trying to find some reason for his sudden disappearance.  Then, for years, there was nothing.  I've always wondered about that.  I think it was PTSD related, and my body was so vigilant that it wouldn't even let me dream about him.

It will be eight years in November, and finally,  I had a dream we were together.  I saw him and he looked at me, though he still didn't speak.  It was so lovely to wake up with his smile in my mind.  I've waited so long...I never did find any recordings, so I'm really looking forward to whenever he might speak.  I wonder if it will ever happen again?  I think maybe it has been long enough that my body is starting to relax.  Maybe I can start to think about him and dream about him and it won't be so hard, physically. 

Anyway,  it probably sounds silly, but it really felt significant.  I finally had a good dream!

-L.

Most of my dreams have mostly been upsetting, with him returning without explanation and not answering my questions.  The rare times I have a dream about him where he is just there feel like a gift so I understand it being a comfort to you.

i'm very glad for you, Lost. And - not silly at all. I've had a couple of these dreams, and the feeling I get is - within the dream, I'm thinking to myself, this is real. And it does feel real, like for those moments Joe & I are in the same parallel universe (or something like that, kinda). It's pretty wonderful, actually. ((Hugs!))

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lost35

Thank you for the replies...It was such a relief after all these years.  :)  Nothing since, but that it okay, at least it happened.

-L.