Sitter went poof

RobFTC

I am sad about this - a good sitter has fallen off the face of the earth on me.  I hire a sitter to take my daughter to music lessons and do other ride-giving, which is sadly not a lot of hours.  The real need, though, is traveling for work or other things.  I want someone there overnight with them, still.

This one had been with us for most of a year.  She was almost my age, very reliable, was good with the girls, and was unflappable in some out-of-the-ordinary situations.  Three weeks ago, she said her vehicle had a major problem, and she was not going to be able to take Sarah to her cello lesson.  And that's the last I heard from her.  A week later, when I didn't get a response to a text message, I called her cell phone, and the number seemed to not be in service.  I am afraid that the major vehicle repair took the money she had for phone service and possibly for rent, too.  I know she's moved since she applied for the job, so I think I just don't have a way to track her down and figure out how it's going and whether I could help at all.

Back to care.com for another sitter, but this time the reasons are the toughest yet :-(

Take care,

Rob T

Ugh, Rob!  So sorry!  I would think it would be a courtesy to let you know what happened and that she would no longer be available to help out. 

Hopefully you will find a solution and everything will work out for the best!