I don't think I want to....

still_lost

I've had one serious relationship since my husband passed almost seven years ago. It took me four years to be ready to open up again to another man. For different reasons, the relationship didn't work out. I've gone on a few dates since our breakup, but I haven't found anyone that I could see a potential relationship with. The dating scene is very different from what it was before I got married. It is very lonely not having someone to talk to, hang out, and make plans with. I've realized that a relationship might not be what I want. Having to open up again to another person is just too painful, especially when I risked it with my last relationship, and it didn't work out. The men that I have come across aren't the type of men that I would want to be with long term, and I don't want to casually date a bunch of people. It's exhausting!! So I've gotten used to thr idea of being single and never remarrying.

Dating is hard, very hard. It took my a long time to be ready for a serious relationship and casual dating never felt right even as I tried several times. I stuck with one guy longer then I should have because it was better then being alone or so I told myself. Do what's right for you and don't settle. Maybe you will meet another "perfect for you" guy.  I have times when I want a guy in my life and other times I'm good being alone.

Hugs to you.  I haven't really dated yet so maybe I shouldn't even put my two cents in. But during a few of my coffee dates the guys totally opened and spilled out so much information that I felt like I was some kind of therapist.  It didn't sit well with me. 

I have opened up to some new girlfriends and I feel sometimes they have brought my issues up at the worse times.  It actually feels like it could be a scene from bad girls. lol

So I am not going to give that out information till there is a deep set of trust. 

What is wrong with just going out and enjoying each others company?  Just a question I am throwing out there?

What is wrong with just going out and enjoying each others company?  Just a question I am throwing out there?

Nothing! I think that sometimes a prospective date is overly nervous and talks too much to compensate. I don't like over-sharing too soon either but I just tried to ignore it and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck - Mike