Anyone ever feel like this?

still_lost

My husband died suddenly almost 7 years ago, and I still have vivid memories of him collapsing. His death has been the worst thing to ever happen to me. I had a horrible childhood with parents who were addicted to drugs and alcohol. A father who was in and out of prison for most of my young and adult life. I've had my share of pain and heartache, but losing my husband cannot compare to anything else. Because so much of my life has felt like a series of emotional hurdles to get over, I feel like I'm waiting for the next bad thing to happen. In my childhood, a lot of bad did happen so I've grown used to the anxiety. Does anyone else feel like this since losing their spouse?

I think when you have experienced the worst thing that could happen in your life for real, then you become aware that the bad things can and do actually happen.  Anxiety is all about fear of future events, the way I understand it anyway so I believe it is only natural to feel this way after losing your husband.  You need to believe in the opposite too though that good things can & do happen too.  I also think that some people are just plain lucky in life but most people experience the ups and the downs, it's just that some people have more ups & some a lot more downs often influenced by their family situation.  Hoping that some good things are going to come your way very soon.

I feel like I'm waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

I feel like this constantly.  Even when I try hard to be positive, there is always this thought shadowing over me.  Always anticipating the next bad thing....not sure how to get beyond that but you aren't alone in feeling that way.