Adhering to timelines on this board

Guest Questions

Guest Questions

I was wondering: Could we have an "Add this to I accomplished this today" thread in General? too

I just got a message in my inbox complaining that I posted in the newbies section by mistake & should have been posting in "Goals" in General.

I posted in the accomplishments thread all the time on ywbb & noone ever seemed to mind.

Now, apparently they do.  So my bad, I've deleted my post there...

But even people further out than 1 day - 6 mos accomplish things.

& are goals really the same as accomplishments?

I mean, I have a to-do list of goals that could span the continent but only a few of them ever get crossed off, lol

(((hugs)))

I dont think you need to respond to every complaint.  In the future, i can move a thread for you if you wish. Feel free to go ahead and start a thread in general but i believe one or two along that line exist

Guest Questions

Will do..

I know the boards are structured by timeline for a reason.

I confess that I've never really adhered to them before. I'd just respond to the latest posts that came up on my screen that struck a chord with me regardless of the timeline they were in but I will stop doing that..

are goals really the same as accomplishments?

In my personal opinion, goals and accomplishments are two completely different things.  If you are able to cross a goal off of your to do list, then you have accomplished something.  Let's face it, though, none of us would likely write getting out of bed, putting on clothes, and brushing our teeth on a list of goals, but some days, THAT is a major accomplishment.

On a side note, I was the first person to post in that accomplishment, and I just passed a year a little less than two weeks ago.  I say, post where you want to, and ignore the naysayers, but that's just my opinion.

Newbies often say they appreciate our response and comments. I just wouldn't start a thread there except when we were helping to set the board up. Thats my opinion.  Im not an authority. I think those of us a few years along should share our goals and accomplishments with our peers. The newbies can and do peek in.

LisaPop, you're spot on.  I read this thread earlier and got a little nervous because I thought you were telling everyone to leave the newbies to themselves.  As a newbie myself, I definitely appreciate the comments and interactions of those who are further out.  In fact, I think that interaction is vital to feeling welcomed and accepted here.  But also, you guys are proof that surviving this is possible, and sometimes that little bit of hope can mean a world of difference.  Thanks for clearing it up, and thanks for all that you guys do.

Newbies often say they appreciate our response and comments. I just wouldn't start a thread there except when we were helping to set the board up. Thats my opinion.  Im not an authority. I think those of us a few years along should share our goals and accomplishments with our peers. The newbies can and do peek in.

Agree with this completely. Post a comment or response in whatever timeline section you wish; but I think it's a good idea to refrain from starting a completely new thread in another timeline section you don't belong to.

To reiterate, I think it's perfectly okay to submit responses and posts to established threads in other timeline sections.

I'm a bit perplexed why this even merited a complaint to you in your inbox. All our wids contribute to this board in unique ways. So let's not discourage each other from doing so.

Baylee

I was wondering: Could we have an "Add this to I accomplished this today" thread in General? too

I just got a message in my inbox complaining that I posted in the newbies section by mistake & should have been posting in "Goals" in General.

I posted in the accomplishments thread all the time on ywbb & noone ever seemed to mind.

Now, apparently they do.  So my bad, I've deleted my post there...

But even people further out than 1 day - 6 mos accomplish things.

& are goals really the same as accomplishments?

I mean, I have a to-do list of goals that could span the continent but only a few of them ever get crossed off, lol

(((hugs)))

????? Complaining your post was in the wrong section??

Somebody has to much time on there hands or needs a hobby. Lordy

Questions...as someone who is pretty active in the goals section...I say sure...post your accomplishments there if you would like...after all at some point they started as a goal...just one you maybe hadn't stated on the board....I for one like to check in and post in the goals section because seeing fellow wids accomplish their goals motivates me to move forward with my own...and I do use it as a cheering section both for me being the one to cheer as well as the one accepting the cheers....so GO QUESTIONS GO!!!

Guest Questions

"Complaining" is too strong a word & I'm sorry I said it. Seems I've managed to blow this all out of proportion..

It was more like: Great to see you here! FYI: Did you know you posted in the 1 day- 6 mos section? There's a Goals thread in General.

I think it was meant to be more informative than anything else.

Nope "complaining" was not a good choice of words on my part.

I'm feeling now like one of those mean old ladies now who yells at kids "Stay the &^%$ off my lawn!" lol  Please don't let me become that person..

Thanks for allowing me to respond to posts in the other timelines. I won't create new threads there (& never did in the past,  just responded to posts already there.

Even though I'm 6 yrs a widow, I find I'm still struggling with some of the same issues of the newer members.  I don't always have anything helpful to say but boy can I ever relate!

Widowhood has been a really tough road to hoe & it helps to know I'm not alone facing some of the challenges. I often leave here thinking: Maybe I'm not crazy afterall! That person just mirrored

everything I've been feeling..

Anyway, it's comforting.

It'd be nice to be an example of healing rather than a poster child. Not sure yet when that'll be. I'm still pretty traumatized..

Anyway,  I'm sorry for causing unneccessary drama on the new board..

(((hugs)))

No biggie, Questions. If anything, it offered the mods an opportunity to discuss posting within different sections, and some of our newer members might have found the guideline Lisapop and I suggested as helpful.

No harm done, carry on!

Baylee