How Do I Go On

Kaycee

My husband of almost six years died about a 6 weeks ago. Although we weren't married that long I had known him since I was twelve. He always said he knew I was the one since the first time he saw me. We dated when we were younger but life took us down separate roads. When we found each other again I knew it was meant to be. I never loved anyone the way I love him. He was truly my other half and my soulmate. He died suddenly in our home of what the doctors think was a massive heart attack. We had spent the most wonderful day together that day and then in the blink of an eye he was gone. I don't know how to go on without him. I have two kids of my own that he loved just like they were his. He has a daughter who I love with all my heart and thankfully I will get to see her at Thanksgiving. Even with knowing I have the kids that I need to be strong for I have a hard time getting out of bed most of the time. All I can think about is him and how much I miss him. I hate to say it but sometimes I wish I had died with him. I feel like my heart stopped when he died and I'll never be happy again. I'm only 33 and  this seems so unfair and I cant believe he's gone.

I'm so sorry. There's nothing I can really say... I understand what is is to have a soulmate, someone purely meant for you. And losing that person is beyond words.

I feel like I don't have room to speak, having so little experience going through yet, but something I find a little bit nice is this thought:

Only a terrible, unfair, and cruel universe would take such an amazing person from the word, but only the most beautiful and magnificent of universes could have had them in the first place.

Kaycee,

I'm 33 as well. My wife passed on October 22. I know what you are feeling. You came to the right place.

One day at a time sweetie is all I can say. That's what I've been doing. Hang in there.

I'm sorry I can't say more because I'm struggling to myself.

One day at a time. One hour at a time. And on the really bad days it's one moment at a time..... That's how you get through this. Give yourself time and drink plenty of water. Right now you're in the thick of it and feel like this is the way your life will always be, but all of us here are here to help pull you through it.

Hi Kaycee,

I am very sorry for your loss and definitely correlate as lost my wife on Aug 30 and still going thru mixed emotions all the time. I agree with everyone please take one moment at a time. Try to cry when alone so that kids don't see you crying much else they might not discuss the issues with you as they think they will stress you more. This forum definitely helps in vending out some emotions as we type and pour our heart out. I still feel some one will wake me up from dream and we will be back together but slowly slowly we all will accept the fact and starting moving forward  one step a time.

Hugs and best wishes

MR

Give yourself time to process and heal. I can't say it enough, there is no race, no deadline. Breathe and take it a day at a time, an hour at a time. I lost my husband suddenly. He went to tennis after dinner and never came home. He was my soulmate and though I know I buried a bit of myself with him, our kids keep me going. You don't have to make any long term plans or even know what you want out of life anymore but finding a worthwhile goal can help.

Hugs to you. I met my husband for the first time in 7th grade. We were 13. He was always waiting for me to see him as more than a friend. It took going away to college for us. I know how it's like to have your life weaved so closely with someone.