Giving Thanks

Mac

Guest TooSoon

Hi Mac,  Hope all is well.  This has been an intense couple of months for me and for my little newly blended family.  But I'm grateful that I can be grateful - there was a time about 4 years ago when I was not sure that was ever going to be truly possible ever again.  But it is and I am.  Tonight two of my best friends are coming with their kids - we spent a memorable Thanksgiving together in 2000 when we were all living in Tunisia doing research and teaching English; we haven't been together in one place since then.  I'm grateful for those experiences and for friendships that have stood not just the test of time but all sorts of trials in our lives since then and grateful that our children know each other like cousins.  For those and so many other things, I'm grateful.  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Four years ago I felt I would have a difficult time being grateful and thankful for this holiday.  Today I'm so grateful to be healthy, happy, and to have family and loved ones to share it.  Being grateful is not words, it is a lifestyle.  It is a daily walk with a purpose to be thankful for the people, family, co-workers, and friends that I see face to face on a regular basis.

I'm grateful for the joy that has resumed in my life.  I'm grateful for the family and friends that did not mark me off as beyond help.  Beyond Active Grieving is a new normal for me.  Memories are cherished and the process of healing and moving forward are part of my daily life. 

Happy Thanksgiving Blessings to all.