Happy Thanksgiving....

momtokam

Guest nonesuch

We're heading off to a relative's home, but a member of her extended family passed away suddenly Tuesday morning at the age of 42.  It will be a subdued gathering.

momtokam,

Thank you for your post. I recall my first Thanksgiving as a widower. It was a difficult and lonely time. But fortunately, I had recently joined this site's predecessor, YWBB, and I was greatly comforted by the support I found in that widowed community. I hope members here, especially the newer ones, feel some of the same this Thanksgiving Day and as we enter the Holiday Season.

--- WifeLess

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I think I missed the help setting up and his mischevious self looking for ways to sample food ahead of time before people came over. My husband loved when we had Thanksgiving with my family so he could stuff himself with Filipino food for a change even though we still have turkey and such.

We did pretty good because it has been over 10 years since I've hosted the holiday. It was a change from our usual. It's hard already since my dad died on Thanksgiving day and then my mother a few days before but 5 years later. 

Holidays are always hard.  I bid for work, which found me in Eugene Oregon, feeling mopey.  Made some emo Facebook post about it, and a buddy up in Salem invited me up for the day (had to work in the PM).  I go hot and cold on whether I want people around when I'm feeling down, but that was one of those "need people" days.

Not looking forward to Christmas, to be honest.