Speaking of emotionally unavailable men.....

StillWidowed

he and I are coming to an ugly end.  My heart was broken by him early on in the "relationship".  Then it was thinking I wasn't loving him enough or understanding him enough and twisting myself inside out enough for him.  Then it was letting him lower my expectations of him and the "relationship" and just accept his limitations and go with the status quo.  You know, don't rock the boat and accept whatever crumbs he throws me.  And now......it's rage.  I mean a rage I never knew I could feel for this prick.  He pulled another stunt and that was it.  Years of stuffing down my feelings and always responding in kindness suddenly ended.  I spewed venom like the Mount Tambora spewed lava.  I said things to him I never thought of uttering in the past.  And it continued.  From text to phone back to text.  I literally couldn't stop.  Still haven't.  It's pouring out of me and the faucet is broken.  I have to see him twice for work related reasons in the next couple of weeks.  I'm thinking about punching him in the face.  I can't believe how much hatred I feel for him now.  I hope it calms down by Christmas or I won't be fitting the "'tis the season" mold.

I think the longer you two are apart the more you're realize that you weren't good for each other from the start. Don't waste your time and energy on being mad at him. We can't control what another person does or says, but we can control how we react to it. Sorry it didn't work out!

I've dated a few emotionally unavailable men, but I believe I was drawn to them because I was emotionally unavailable too. Now I think I'm ready for something more. Still taking it slow, one day at a time. 

Oh, Widowed! Sending love and light your way. And since there's probably more of us here who don't have the extra to send for bail money, might I suggest punching some couch pillows instead before you see him at the work related events?  ;D We don't want you losing your job and your freedom over someone who isn't worth you. {{{hugs}}}

ooooh I get the raging...I got on a real roll.....when I broke up with  my NG. I hated the circumstance,not him but he still got to hear about it LOUD and clear and over and over again .Apparently I know how to cuss real good!

I'm saying it was therapeutic....might not have been but  saying that made me feel better about it all.

For me it did pass and honestly I think getting it out  helped.

Now about the punching part.....must keep that under control...repeat must keep that under control......repeat to once self before enter meeting must keep it under control.....

ok just kinda joking with that last bit.....you got this you'll know the limits... let your rage go and the peace that will follow will also feel good.