Photos Never Bothered Me

Funny how things go with this process.

Just had to count on my fingers how many months it's been and cried. 17 months. Don't know why that did it to me.

But to my original point.... Photos of him never bothered me. His mother couldn't look at photos for a while, meanwhile I had no issue looking at his pictures.... I couldn't understand why it would be upsetting. (To be fair there *was* one out of 250+ photos that made me sob, just because of the look in his face)

But now here I am and I am weepy when I look at all the photos..... Lame.... Has anyone else had this delay in reactions/feelings with things we have looklooked at a zillion times?

I guess our anniversary is coming in a few days.... Would have been 7 years married.

I'm sorry Semper. When I find them in unexpected places it gets me. I have one in the living room I can't take down. When we came back home from out of state where my wife died, my family had hung up many pictures all over the house. That was well intentioned but. . . . .

Going through our filing cabinet this past Monday I found a stack of old pics that caused me to cry for a while. I knew it would but still had to look. There is one that I found after she died I had never seen. Pregnant with our youngest, smiling with a white dress in the sunshine. When I first met her I had visions of that for a week, I even told a coworker and my brother. Then 8 years later I came home with her ashes and found it. It's the kids favorite, they carry it around and its getting a little beat up. Hang in there on your anniversary, you'll be ok.