Reindeer encounter...

Wheelerswife

So one of Santa's stray reindeer was lost last night and appeared to be hitchhiking in the shoulder of the road.  It got so excited when it saw my car coming that it jumped into my lane to try to stop me.  I was driving at 65 miles per hour and just couldn't stop for it...so it got mad and ran into my car.  Fortunately, I saw it just in time to brace myself for the hit and didn't lose control of my car.  My front passenger side wheel guard panel...or whatever it is called...got the brunt of the impact.  I imagine that the deer is in a bit of pain this morning, but my dog and I are fine.  It all could have been much worse.

There was one lone tornado yesterday, too.  It touched down in a barren cow pasture about 5 miles from the friends I was visiting.  It was a really windy during my 30 minute drive to get to my friend's mother's farmhouse.  Just as I arrived and was walking into the house, the skies opened and we had a thunderstorm that contained that tornado.  Too close for comfort.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Stupid reindeer, why wasn't he home resting after his long night of helping Santa??

And I thought the Christmas season was all about snow, not tornados. What's going on with the universe these days?

Glad you are ok!!

~Catnip