Woke up in a Hallmark Movie

Out_of_the_Blue

I have been widowed almost 8 years. I lost my husband when I was 52, and we had enjoyed a terrific 27 year marriage.

I have spent the past 8 years rebuilding my life, making new friends, and getting involved in numerous athletic and volunteer activities. I did miss being part of a couple but life was good and I was happy.

Even though I was involved in many things, I never met any unattached men. I had always thought that online dating was 'lame' and was afraid to try it. But then it dawned on me that meeting people online is the new 'normal' so a couple of single girlfriends and I decided to go on Match.

Well, lo and behold, on my very first date, I met an amazing man who happens to be a widower! We share many interests, are physically attracted to each other, and he treats me like gold. We feel like we've won the lottery. (I did meet with four other guys who were also very nice but the chemistry was nowhere near what the first man and I have).

I never in a million years thought this would happen. We are heading off on our first trip together in a few days and planning many fun things for 2017. I guess you're never too old to find love!

What a beautiful story!  Thank you for sharing.  There is always, always hope for better things.  I try to remember that I was loved, therefore, I can love again.  It is in me, a gift I received that can be shared with others, and it is not finite. 

This is a love story.  I wrote a "blog" about "all great love stories end with tragedies, but the story is never over, as all great love stories never end."  John 3:16 is the greatest love story of all time for me. 

And so it goes with you!  Congrats! <3