Six years ago today....

rooshy

....I was sitting in the hospital cafeteria knowing that DH would be taken off life support later that afternoon.  It was a Monday morning.  My in-laws and I had just made that decision and my boys were at school.  I could not believe that I was going to be widowed at age 34 with two sons aged 8 & 6.  That shit just doesn't happen!, so I thought.  I'd spoken with my boss the night before and my coworkers already knew what would happen.  DH died from sepsis, a condition that I'd never heard of before 01-03-11, but I've made myself an expert since then. Those first few weeks I felt like I was staring into a black hole, I had no idea what I would do.

Six years later, my boys are teenagers and they don't remember too much of their dad.  My oldest son is 14, ready for high school  ??? and thinking of entering the military when he graduates.  My younger son is 12, autistic and non-verbal, and still making loads of progress towards independence.  I'm learning to be comfortable with myself and not think that 'widow' is written across my forehead.  Maybe I'll even date this year!

Today I think I'll go and treat myself to some fettuccine alfredo :)

Hope the pasta was fantastic. Hugs to you.

Needytoo,

The Fettucine Alfredo was awesome!  I got a house salad with it too, just to even things out.  I wanted to do things that day that I love.  I got my haircut as well.  DH never liked my hair cut short, but I do.  Thanks for asking!

So glad you made it a good day!! I will hit 6 years in July. Decmeber 12, I became officially older than he was able to be, and that day was hard. Glad the Alfredo was was a delight!! (How can it not be  ;D) I love the salad evening things out ha ha.

Thank you very much for sharing.  I have found that time marches on and on.

Not sure where the time goes.  I like the idea of being good to yourself on the anniversary of that sad day.  My anniversary is coming up soon....I will take your lead and do something that  I will enjoy.

Thank you for the ideas......HUGS.