Ireland

Lmsmdm

I am finally able to return to the Emerald Isle with my Big Guy's ashes. Whenever we went on vacation, I always wanted to move wherever it was we went. He forever made fun of me for this. However, when we honeymooned in Ireland 2 months before his death, guess what? He wanted to move there. Ha ha. I vowed I would get him back no matter what.

Sooo, I will cross the pond on April 8th and arrive on the 9th. I will be staying until the 16th.

Shouting out to all U.K./Euro wids for a possible bago!!! I really have no real agenda, and what I do have planned, getting his ashes to Dunmore East, can be flexible.

• 2 months later...

Plans have become more defined...Dublin 9th....Kilkenny 10th, Dunmore East 11th, official scattering of the ashes....12th-15th Northern Ireland....then back to Dublin for flight out back to US....Bueler.....anyone out there?

Guest TooSoon

How exciting!  I didn't realize the trip was coming up so fast.  It will be difficult at times, I'm sure, but also, I hope, good for the soul.  Ireland in springtime!  Will be looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.  xoxo

Travel plans are coming along well.....although I once had thoughts of heading over to London or Scotland, I have decided that time constraints would make that too stressful. That being said, does anyone know if there is a coastal town, weather permitting I can get a glimpse of Scotland while I'm in Northern Ireland??

Enjoy your trip, I hope you have good weather. I'll be a few weeks behind you. Won't be seeing any of the places that DH and I visited in our time there, but will be bringing some of his remains to the Giant's Causeway, as we had always spoken of going there. And I do think you can see some of Scotland from that part of the coast...

Best,

Marie

Enjoy your trip, I hope you have good weather. I'll be a few weeks behind you. Won't be seeing any of the places that DH and I visited in our time there, but will be bringing some of his remains to the Giant's Causeway, as we had always spoken of going there. And I do think you can see some of Scotland from that part of the coast...

Hi, Marie!

John and I were able to visit the Giant's Causeway.  I hope you have a memorable vist, too.

Maureen

Hachi, my trip is mostly new too!!  Dublin for obvious reasons, but going to see sights my Big Guy wasn't interested in....like all of them ha ha St. Patrick's, Trinity College.... My official ash ceremony is Dunmore East...the small fishing villiage we both fell in love with. Have a long drive to the north Wednesday to Bushmills, then slow stroll to Belfast by Friday....head back to Dublin Saturday evening, for a mid morning departure on Sunday.....Getting so excited I can't stand myself!!!

• 1 month later...