Suspected Cheating AFTER Death

kaleighmorgan13

Soooo just wondering.

When my boyfriend died, one of the first things posted on his Facebook (ugh- Facebook condolences, am I right?) was from some random girl I'd never met. It was a shirtless picture of my boyfriend that he had snapchatted her along with her several paragraph soliloquy about how heartbroken she was.

So obviously, that raises some questions - mostly, 'Who the heck are you?!'

Now I really honestly don't think my boyfriend would have cheated on me. I KNOW how much he loved me and I never questioned it while he was alive

But now that he's not here to just straight up ask, this has really been stressing me out. It makes me so angry that on top of everything in my grief, all the feelings I have to process, all the pain I'm feeling, I have to wonder about this damn girl too.

I've reached a place where I'm pretty much over it - honestly it doesn't matter if he was just talking to this girl or if he cheated on me or not. He's gone now. We loved each other. We had a happy life. That's what matters and that's what I'll always remember.

But I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and wants to vent.

I found out some things about my husband when I went through his email, 4 months after he died. I was hurt and furious by what I found -  although I know he loved me very much (also evident in emails). The anger that came out after finding this was not good and it took a while to get over ("complicated grief" my therapist called it). But in the end, I didn't tell many people (I didn't want him to be remembered for some of his poor judgement) and I let it go - and I now focus on the positives. Dwelling on the negatives only prolonged the grief and made it worse. I wish you all the best and I'm sorry for what surfaced - not easy to deal with on top of losing our spouse.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to hear you found unsettling stuff. Facebook is really bad for this. yes, I know what you are talking about, it hurts and angers and complicates things greatly, mainly by increasing the pain....but in the end, it has got nothing to do with you. Whoever she is, whateve she meant or did not mean, it has nothing to do with you. I managed to let go and forgive at some point rather early on. self protection probably. We don' t need to hurt more than we already do. and since we cannot talk abuot it with them, there really is no point to turn it over and over in our heads...