Address book

Lmsmdm

I talked to a newbie last week. Her loss was just after Xmas. Quick back story, I work in a customer service environment. I talk to hundreds of strangers weekly and therefore, I "meet" newbies on a regular basis. For almost six years I have been referring people to the board. First Ywbb, and now here.

After I had resolved her issue....recurring theme "omg I need to trim my finances! Where can I trim costs" I let her know I was going off topic to advise her of this place. I always start with, you don't need to join, just reading helps to let you know you're not going crazy. My heart broke when all she heard was crazy. She thought I said she was crazy for trying to save money. 

She just heard the fucking head tilt you get from EVERYONE in the beginning. I hated that tilt within 48 hours. My heart ached as she advised she had her faith and such a huge out pour of support she didn't need such a place. I wanted to scream to her they are about to disappear!!!

I hope and pray she jotted down this address before she shut down. You all saved me. July 1, 2011 is my date. This time 2011 if you told me I would be on an online chat board, I would have said you were CRAZY!!!

So, I guess what I am trying to say is Thank You!!! I rarely post...well, I go in spurts haha....but Ywbb, and now Widda.... you all are some amazing people, and if I have to be a member of this damn club, I am so grateful I found this motley crew  8)

I agree.  YWBB and then this site has been a lifesaver for me as well!  My husband died February 2011 and I still check in several times a week just to read and keep up with others.  In those early years when nobody in my real life had a clue how to relate to me - just reading and posting here got me thru, and now, 6 years later, when i have bad days, I come here and it still helps.

Yes, the disappearing was my experience too. I could never say how much finding this group helped me get through days I just as well would not have. The fact that I have also developed full friendships with some people from here has been an added blessing. I truly detest that any of you have need to join here. Each new member breaks my heart, because I know it is another person deeply hurting beyond what they ever imagined they could. I am humbled by the ability of the members here to embrace and lift up other wids when they can barely keep themselves going. Widowhood is so dark, but there is light to be found and shared here. Essential light.

My heart ached as she advised she had her faith and such a huge out pour of support she didn't need such a place. I wanted to scream to her they are about to disappear!!!

^^ This.  I rarely meet new young widows but on the rare occasions I have, this was the initial response, and I didn't dare counter the misconception (and hoped for it to be enduring and true).  Hugs. 

Guest TooSoon

Agreed!  People in my "real life" thought I was insane when I started talking about this community.  Some people really couldn't deal.  But honestly, I wouldn't have made it either.  It's not an exaggeration to say that my life has been made so much richer because of the friendships I've made here, motley crew that we are!  I'm even going to marry one of the people I met here very soon!  And I expect many of you to be at the party later this spring!  xoxox