Sexy Widowed Valentine's Day

MissingSquish

Hello sex kittens!  This is a thread for us sexy widows and widowers to share our exciting plans for the crappiest Hallmark holiday ever. Go!

Me:

Siting on the couch, catching up on some work. Saw my primary care doctor today for a follow up visit this afternoon and had a very busy day at work.  Looking forward to the massive candy sales tomorrow.

Hello to you !

Me :

Also sitting on couch , dog by my side for cuddles. Not quite in my pj's but looking forward to that.

Waiting for New girl to watch on TV : yup crazy night for me :)

My way of avoiding starting my Taxes as the pile is sitting on the kitchen table mocking me

Hello there, it's been a while since I've posted.  I have a love hate relationship with this day for the last 4 years.  I of course make my living partly based on this day but have no desire to celebrate it anymore.

I'm also on the couch with my computer doing "work" but mostly watching Chopped with my daughter and eating ice cream together.

My mom, who has a form of dementia, has been staying with me since my world ended.  She is keeping me from driving off a cliff.  Well, when I gave her her morning pills yesterday, she choked.  And then things got weird.  Bad enough that I decided she should see a doctor.  She probably has a throat stricture which will need to be stretched.  So, after taking her to the doctor and going to the grocery store to buy all things soft and slippery ~ her diet until the throat stretching... well, by then I'd almost forgotten it was V.D.

And most of the day was gone, so... compared to Christmas (horrible) and his birthday (utter nightmare), yesterday was a breeze!

VDay was not that bad. Came to work stayed late.. Went home and starting to work and found my laptop acting crazy so decided to fix it but stayed up till 2. Made sure not to check much of whatsapp and no facebook at all. Didn't go to crowded area and survived.

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be especially since it was the first VD since he passed but also his birthday! Double Whammy! I met two of his sisters and his parents at the cemetery.  His older sister brought doughnuts which is what he used to ask her for after chemo.  We toasted him and had a few laughs especially when we cursed him for not leaving behind a pitcher of Bloody Marys for us!  I then went with his mom to get a headstone (makes a great birthday gift--NOT).

Later in the day, I returned with my children so they could sing Happy Birthday to him.  Good thing the cemetery was empty because my son was enjoying running around in the snow!

Best part of the day was finding out that my nephew had taken my son so that he could get me VD cards!

And today I woke up happier than I had been the past few weeks knowing that I survived what I thought would be the worst of the firsts days!

It is now such a shitty time for me. My birthday is the 15, so we always spent the two days together. Some of the best memories I have. So I showed up to work after lunch. Haven't done laundry in a month, hand washing undies in the bathroom sink is getting old. Was the last to leave work, and realized that I forgot my key to lock up, so had to make a trip home and back to work. Spent the rest of the night medicating with booze. On the up side I shaved my armpits for the first time in about 3 month.